Statement of Faith and Practice
The following are the basic elements of our faith and practice.
- We believe in one God who is three personalities: God the Father, Jesus Christ the unique Son of God, (born of God through a virgin named Mary – Luke 1:26-35) and the Holy Spirit who indwells the followers of Christ. (John 14:7-10 // John 16:7-15 // Matthew 28:19,20)
- The Bible is the inspired and authoritative word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- The universe and all that is in it was spoken into existence by the creative power of God. (Genesis 1:1)
- Human life begins at conception. God creates each person as either male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26,27)
- Marriage and family are the foundation of human civilization. Marriage is the lifelong union of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive pairing as ordained and described by God. (Genesis 2:18-25)
- Every person has worth as a creation of God, but everyone sins and falls short of God’s created intention. (Psalm 139:13,14 // Romans 3:23)
- Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God who died sacrificially for the sins of mankind and came back to life on the third day after his death on a cross. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8 // John 3:16)
- Through belief in Christ and submission to Him, we receive forgiveness of our sins and a restored relationship with God. (John 14:6)
- Those desiring to follow Jesus must ask God to forgive their sins; they must confess their belief in Jesus and be baptized in His name. (Romans 10:9-10 // Acts 2:38)
- Water baptism is a physical act of identification with Christ by those who are mature enough to express their faith. The mode of baptism taught and practiced by the Apostles is immersion. (Romans 6:1-4)
- As a person returns to God through faith in Christ, the Holy Spirit of God enters his/her life, making possible a new way of living. (John 3:5-8 // Romans 8:10-11)
- The Church (the world-wide community of all followers of Christ) is the embodiment of Christ on earth. Christ-followers are empowered by God’s Spirit to represent Him and to invite others to follow Him. (Matthew 28:19-20 // Matthew 16:17-19)
- The local Church does not answer to any centralized hierarchy, but is led by a group of men from within who meet criteria defined in scripture. (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- Jesus Christ will one day return to earth. He will reward those who have followed him, and He will punish those who have rejected Him. (John 5:28-29 // 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)
Parkside Christian Church’s Vision:
To be people helping each other pursue God’s purpose every day.
Parkside Christian Church’s Mission:
We exist to love God, love people, and help others do the same.
Our vision and mission will be guided by these values.
As you connect with Parkside Christian Church, you will…
This church exists to be a community where people can discover Jesus and the hope He offers to everyone.
Whether you have been here a few weeks or a few years, we want you to feel like a part of our family.
Come As You Are
We’re not a group of perfect people. We are messy folks whom Jesus loves in spite of our mess.
Become More Than You Can Imagine
Jesus came to clean up our mess and transform us into people who look, act, and live a lot like Him.
Hold Grace In An Open Hand
God has freely given the gift of His grace, and we will just as freely offer that gift to everyone we meet.
That is the quick picture of the Vision, Mission and Values of the people of Parkside. We invite you to find and fill your role in helping us be the church that Jesus Christ desires.